Re: bad tool-bar icons in Emacs 22.1 release

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: bad tool-bar icons in Emacs 22.1 release
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 23:23:55 +0200

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

>>> libXpm is an integral part of X, so any modern X installation will have
>>> it already.
>>
>> And who cares for the wannabe minimalists 8-?
>>
>> I just installed the Debian 4.0 minimal system.  I want X and
>> installed the xorg package, compiled Emacs 22 after loading some few
>> other tools (firefox, texlive, ...).
>>
>> So libXpm is still missing here but I don't mind (tool-bar-mode -1).
>
> You probably have libXpm (runtime), but the development package is missing.

You're right.  libXpm is required by libXaw7 and this is, in turn,
required by Xorg, only libXpm-dev is missing:

address@hidden:~$ aptitude search libxpm
p   libxpm-dev                      - X11 pixmap library (development headers)
i A libxpm4                         - X11 pixmap library

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany