Re: source repository

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: source repository
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:27:41 +0530

Hi,

On 7/3/07, Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> wrote:
Jason Rumney wrote:
> Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> > What is the best way to stay in touch with Emacs development?  As I
> > understood, Emacs now uses Arch mostly,
>
> You understood incorrectly. Some developers use arch, but the definitive
> repository for Emacs is CVS. Since Miles is away at the moment, the arch
> synching is not happening. I'm not sure why savannah lists arch above
> cvs (probably it is alphabetical order), but it is misleading - there
> should be some indication there that the main repository is CVS.

Oh.  A pity Emacs still uses so old system.  I got used to Subversion
lately.

If you are behind a firewall (the way I am), you could use Mercurial
repository which is updated daily from the CVS head. I use it for my
daily dosage of fresh emacs. Mercurial is implemented in python and is
well ported (IMHO: and far superior to other SCM)

repo: http://hg.intevation.org/emacs
Some basic commands:
First checkout:
$ hg clone http://hg.intevation.org/emacs
Subsequent updates:
$ hg pull -u

with best regards,
dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!