status of dir-vars or dir-locals inclusion in emacs?

From: joakim
Subject: status of dir-vars or dir-locals inclusion in emacs?
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 15:48:47 +0200

There was discussion some time ago about including either
dir-locals.el or dir-vars.el.

- What is the status of this?  Which one will be included?

- Will it be  possible to specify things like which compiler command to use?

I normaly dont use file local variables but I do use project specific
settings as provided by the JDEE(java development environment for
emacs), and would like some more general project setting feature in
emacs.

--
Joakim Verona