Re: insert-file-contents and format-decode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: insert-file-contents and format-decode
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 23:43:27 -0400

    It's complicated because I may have to create the (t HIGH . LOW) entry
    to indicate that the buffer previously had "unmodified" status.  With my
    solution I let `insert-file-contents' take care of that automatically.
    With your solution I would have to create it manually and care about the
    modification time myself.  Is it worth the trouble?

Maybe you are right.  If the other method is not substantially simpler
then your method is fine.