Re: source repository

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: source repository
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 21:30:47 -0400

      I don't know where you got this idea you
    have about the Subversion team, but it's not right in the aggregate,
    and is dead wrong about me in particular.

I am not talking about anyone in particular.

      You're just carelessly
    slinging around accusations based on vague impressions;

It is not meant as an accusation, and they are not my own impressions.

Several years ago there was a suggestion to use Subversion in some
major way on Savannah.  People (I don't recall who) looked at the
situation and reported that the Subversion developers did not support
us as we wished, so we did not promote it.

It's possible I misremembered what they reported a few years ago.  If
so, I apologize.  Before today I did not know who Subversion
developers were.  You and Jim are certainly free software supporters.
I don't know whether Subversion as a project supports free software
and GNU the way you personally have.