Re: ps-default-bg shouldn't be used for printing by default

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ps-default-bg shouldn't be used for printing by default
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 00:38:52 -0400

    The problem is that ink jet printers today are mostly colour ink jet
    printers, and even if I want the faces of a buffer to appear in colour
    on paper, I am not interested in the background colour of the frame.
    It is a waste of ink and _time_ as it takes much longer to print the
    pages (the same holds for colour laser printers: a waste of toner and
    _time_).

    My proposal: change the default of `ps-default-bg' to white colour or
    some equivalent expression.

That seems like a valid argument.  Does anyone disagree?