Re: New macro with-demoted-errors

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New macro with-demoted-errors
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 16:47:05 -0400

    +    `(lexical-let ((f (lambda () ,@body)))

lexical-let is a cl macro, and I'd rather not make subr.el use them.

Perhaps we should add a way to make condition-case operate only if
(null debug-on-error).  It could use some sort of marker symbol
in the handler:

        (condition-case ,err
            (funcall f)
          ((debug error) (message "Error: %s" ,err) nil))))))

would mean to catch all errors but only if debug-on-error is nil.

That would be a lot more convenient, whether for writing the macro,
for for direct use.