Re: patch: handle PS/PDF in Gnus

From: Sean O'Rourke
Subject: Re: patch: handle PS/PDF in Gnus
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 21:52:12 -0700

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
> Opening unknown files from an untrusted source is not a good
> default.  Does the "open" method on a Mac make its own
> decisions about what type of file it is being given based on
> file content?

AFAIK, it does the same thing as a double-click.  Since we're
talking about what Emacs does in response to an explicit user
action here (e.g. pressing RET), I don't see this as a problem.
I believe "opening untrusted files..." with the least-painful
explicit confirmation is the best that can be done.

/s