Re: dired-details: show/hide file details in Dired

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: dired-details: show/hide file details in Dired
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 18:24:06 -0400

    I guess that what you two mean by "buffer fitting" is what I referred to as
    window fitting. Is that correct - do you mean resizing the window
    (especially horizontally) to fit the buffer?

What I mean is more than just that.  What I mean is displaying two side-by-side
windows and using the right-hand window in a way that coordinates with the
Dired buffer.

The details would have to be explored.