Re: Tramp with GUD broken on trunk?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp with GUD broken on trunk?
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 12:10:12 +0200

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the last set of changes to tramp has broken use with GUD.

Yes. The idea is to adapt existing packages to the new features with
Tramp 2.1, in order to let them run even on remote hosts. I did it
already with compile.el and rcompile.el; other packages will
follow. grep.el and gud.el are on my top priority.

There is a workaround for these packages in Tramp 2.1.9 which uses
defadvices heavily. It is not desirable to introduce these workarounds
into the Emacs trunk. That's why tramp-util.el and tramp-vc.el have
not been kept there.

For the time being, I believe it is tolerable that these packages
don't work when default-directory is remote. They didn't work before
either under these circumstances.

Best regards, Michael.