Re: patch for buff-menu.el enhancements

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: patch for buff-menu.el enhancements
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:02:17 -0500 (CDT)

Drew Adams wrote:

   ! If `Buffer-menu-use-header-line' is non-nil, you can click a column=0A=
   ! heading to sort by that column.

_Without_ your patch, you can do that even if
`Buffer-menu-use-header-line' is nil.  Disabling the feature in that
case is definitely not improvement; in fact I consider it a bug.

I do not understand _why_ you want to reimplement the existing feature,
which seems to work perfectly fine to me and also plays well with
autoreverting the buffer menu.  (I did not check if your
reimplementation does.)

Sincerely,

Luc.