Re: [BUG] CVS HEAD "find-file-confirm-inexistent-file" in lisp/files.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [BUG] CVS HEAD "find-file-confirm-inexistent-file" in lisp/files.el
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:23:05 -0400

> As for proper processes, show me one that will completely avoid bugs
> during development, and I'm sure we will adopt it right on the spot.

Please no.  A bit of anarchy goes a long way towards enabling smoother
forward movement.

BTW, I still don't think there was anything wrong with my original code:
enabling the feature by default was done specifically so as to catch bugs
and see if people liked it.  Having it turned off now means that the
remaining bugs stay dormant.

Other than Randal who gets disproportionately annoyed by apparently random
events anyway, I haven't seen anybody consider the change as a step backward
(modulo bugs of course), so I strongly believe it should be enabled by
default at least for now to get more experience with it.  Randal can turn
the feature off since there's a variable for that.

        Stefan