Re: Autoloading comment-forward

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Autoloading comment-forward
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:03:57 -0400

    > For instance, the code of comment-forward could call a new
    > preloaded function equivalent to `comment-normalize-vars',
    > and `comment-normalize-vars' itself could call that new function
    > to do the work.  This way, calls to `comment-normalize-vars'
    > will still be a good way to cause newcomment.el to get loaded,
    > and everything that works now will continue to work.

    If someone else wants to do that, I can't prevent it, but spreading the code
    like this just in the hope to avoid a few KB in the default build (most
    people will load newcomment.el sooner or later since it's loaded as soon as
    you hit M-; or use auto-fill-mode or ...), is just a waste of time IMNSHO.

Why does auto-fill-mode load newcomment when used in Text mode?
That seems like a bug, since Text mode has no comment syntax.