Re: proposed patch to enable MH-E usage of GNU + EPG

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: proposed patch to enable MH-E usage of GNU + EPG
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:31:43 -0700

timotheus <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi. I would like to make a feature request and also provide the
> implementation: that MH-E would support multiple identities using S/MIME
> through the most recent GNUs + EasyPG interface.

Thanks very much timotheus. I haven't yet heard of EPG and will make a
note to read up on it. I am extremely pleased that we'll be able to
provide S/MIME support in the future. In the meantime, would you be
kind enough to report your request and code to SourceForge so that we
can track it?

> Please do not make MH-E use EPG until EPG is _actually installed_ in
> Emacs.

There is certainly no harm in making it aware of EPG, if it is
available. MH-E has quite a bit of precedent of being able to handle
packages if they are installed, but otherwise ignore them. I'm
assuming furthermore that EPG is free and there won't be any problem
referring to it in MH-E. Yes? However, I agree that MH-E should not
use send EPG by default until it is installed in Emacs.

> "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip."

;-). Playing your gamelan tonight, Richard?

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD