Re: bookmark.el patch for 1) other window and 2) C-x p instead of C-x r

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bookmark.el patch for 1) other window and 2) C-x p instead of C-x r
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:55:20 -0700

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> But why C-x p ??
>
> Personally, I would reserve C-x p for printing commands.
>
> I suggest using C-x j as bookmark prefix.
>
> Then C-x j j would be bookmark jump (which is easy to type)
> and C-x j m (mark) is nicely close to type easily as well...

Agreed; C-x j seems better.

I'll wait for this thread to come to a consensus before making that
change, though.  At this point, it will be quite trivial to move the
keybindings around; I can do it as soon as we're agreed.

If nobody says anything for a few days, then I'll just assume C-x j is
the prefix and will do that.

-Karl