Re: bookmark.el patch for 1) other window and 2) C-x p instead of C-x r

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bookmark.el patch for 1) other window and 2) C-x p instead of C-x r
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:17:33 -0700

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
> Modified files:
>       man            : ChangeLog
>
> Log message:
>       * regs.texi (Bookmarks): Adjust for recent keybinding changes in
>         bookmark.el, namely revision 1.90 (commitid mWoPbju3pgNotDps) and
>         revision 1.92 (commitid iTjqYHP9NtkZuDps).
>
> CVSWeb URLs:
> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/emacs/man/ChangeLog?\
> cvsroot=emacs&r1=1.1300&r2=1.1301

I found this doc update lying around in my working copy -- apparently,
I'd forgotten to commit it.  Sorry.

The original change for which the above updates the documentation was
an incompatible change.  RMS pointed out that incompatible changes
should be discussed first, and only then committed.  The original
change had already gone in by that point.  Since the most important
thing is to have a consistent state in the tree (either all in or all
out), I checked in the uncommitted doc updates above.

So now we have a consistent state.  If necessary, I can revert it all
while we wait for consensus (which it looks like we have, but a few
more days for comments wouldn't hurt), or I can just know for next
time about the discuss-before-commit system for incompatible changes.

My default is just to leave it, since the discussion is already well
under way and we have no objections so far.  (I'll adjust the actual
keybindings later, as mentioned earlier in this thread.)

However, I wanted to post this so everyone knows what's going on.

-Karl