Re: bookmark.el patch for 1) other window and 2) C-x p instead of C-x r

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bookmark.el patch for 1) other window and 2) C-x p instead of C-x r
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:49:21 -0400

    Then what about a prefix `C-x r b'?

    C-x r b b - easy to type for users accustomed to `C-x r b',
                just repeat the last key twice;
    C-x r b j - good mnemonics ("bookmark jump")
    C-x r b l - bookmark-bmenu-list
    C-x r b s - bookmark-set

That would make the commands longer, and harder to type.
It is better to make no change.

    Another variant is to use a prefix `C-x B' with the uppercase `B',
    but I don't understand why there are no other C-x prefix key sequences
    with uppercase letters.  Examples:

    C-x B j - bookmark-jump
    C-x B l - bookmark-bmenu-list
    C-x B s - bookmark-set

That would also be harder to type.  Also, I'd rather avoid
making the character after C-x case-sensitive.

It is better to make no change.