ido mode and `save attachment' in Gnus

From: Leo
Subject: ido mode and `save attachment' in Gnus
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:12:35 +0100

Dear all,

I found something annoying.

ido is enabled by:

 (require 'ido)
 (ido-mode t)
 (ido-everywhere t)

For example, if I want to save an attachment in Gnus, I usually move my
cursor to the attachment and type 'o', then if I am not happy with the
default directory where the attachment is going to be saved, there is no
easy way of changing the directory while keeping the file name of the
attachment i.e. if I type 'Backspace' I lose the file name of the
attachment.

Can this be improved?