Re: patch to imenu.el and lisp-mode.el for better menu in Lisp modes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: patch to imenu.el and lisp-mode.el for better menu in Lisp modes
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:35:38 -0400

    This is about putting Lisp definitions in an Imenu index menu. There are
    definitions of functions (`defun'), variables (`defvar'), and so on. There
    are also definitions of custom groups (introduced by `defgroup'). The
    question is where in the menu to put such group-definition entries. The
    patch I sent puts them in both the `Faces' submenu and the `User Options'
    submenu.

Now I understand the question.  Your choice sounds good to me.