Re: sh.exe needed to bootstrap on Windows?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: sh.exe needed to bootstrap on Windows?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:13:19 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> () Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
> () Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:45:45 +0200
>
>    loaddefs.el is not registered with CVS.
>
> i see in the manual:
>
>    The variable `vc-handled-backends' determines which version
>    control systems VC should handle.  The default value is `(RCS CVS
>    SVN SCCS Arch MCVS)', so it contains all six version systems that
>    are currently supported.  If you want VC to ignore one or more of
>    these systems, exclude its name from the list.  To disable VC
>    entirely, set this variable to `nil'.
>
> maybe autoload processing should let-bind vc-handled-backends to nil?

Pretty much everything that is not going to end with a user-visible
buffer.  For example, with-temp-file.

If this was done in general, I would be tempted to let AUCTeX register
a pseudo-version control system for its parsing stuff (which looks for
a bunch of other files) so that the parsing stuff necessary for the
user backend happens only when necessary.

But perhaps the latter is a bit too much trickery.

--
David Kastrup