Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:37:04 +0000 (UTC)

Please remember to

 1. provide a variable to prevent automatic saving of the *scratch*
    buffer when you exit;

 2. provide a variable to set the *scratch* buffer's initial major mode
    to lisp-interaction-mode.

Then I can put those settings in my .emacs file and forget about them.
Various people, including me, use the *scratch* buffer as intended and
as documented.  Indeed, the initial-scratch-message says `This buffer
is for notes you don't want to save ...' and the buffer is in
lisp-interaction-mode.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden