Re: marking using shifted arrow keys (CUA mode)

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: marking using shifted arrow keys (CUA mode)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:54:22 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 17 2007, Frank Schmitt wrote:
>
>> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> for a colleague, I was looking for an option to mark text using
>>> shifted arrow keys (<S-right>, <C-S-right>) in Emacs 22.1.
> [...]
>> No need for cua-mode, there's pc-selection-mode, which does just this.
>
> According to the doc string, it does much more.

Yes, it simulations the behavior of KDE, Gnome and Windows apps which is
probably what users who are accustomed to those systems want.

> As `pc-selection-mode' is not mentioned in the manual at all and no
> significant changes have been made to `pc-select.el' sind 2002, I
> guess that CUA is preferred nowadays.

Perhaps there were no changes since it just works?

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough