Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:56:31 +0200

Tassilo Horn skrev:
> Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Jan,
>
>> I run several Emacs instances all the time so I can keep different
>> projects separate and they can save desktop to different files.
>
> Maybe filesets are something useful for you.
>
> ,----[ (info "(emacs)Filesets") ]
> | If you regularly edit a certain group of files, you can define them as
> | a "fileset".
> `----

No, it is a different thing.  Say you are editing several similar source
trees, for example, Emacs HEAD, Emacs BASE_22, Emacs Unicode-2.  I wan't
different TAGS for them, different saved dekstop files, different compile
commands.  Things like speedbar are also faster in several instances instead
of moving around between trees.  Plus if there are similar files, remembering
which was xterm.c, xterm.c<2> and xterm.c<3> takes some effort.

In my day to day job (which isn't Emacs BTW :-) I usually work on 2-4 similar
branches.

        Jan D.