Re: add-change-log-entry

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: add-change-log-entry
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:54:50 -0400

martin rudalics wrote:
>>     Currently, when I add an entry to the changelog, I get this:
>>
>>         * some-very-long-file-name
>> (SomeLongClassName.some_even_longer_method_name): -*- point -*-
>>
>>     When I then press M-q, I get:
>>
>>         *
>>         some-very-long-file-name
>> (SomeLongClassName.some_even_longer_method_name):
>>     -*- point -*-
>>
>> That is a bug -- whatever else we change, we should fix that.  In
>> Change Log mode, it should be impossible to break the line after that *.
>>
>> Can someone please fix this (in 22 and the trunk), then ack?
>
> I checked in a fix into the trunk which should solve the M-q problem.

you forgot the to disable removing newline before "^T*":

        fix bug #[ 1607416 ]: back_trace is not initialized when it is a
register
        * spvw.d (back_trace): do not init to NULL at the declaration,
instead...
        (init_memory): init back_trace to NULL here

M-q ===>

        fix bug #[ 1607416 ]: back_trace is not initialized when it is a
        register * spvw.d (back_trace): do not init to NULL at the
        declaration, instead...
        (init_memory): init back_trace to NULL here

(note "* spvw.d" in the middle of a line).

also, when the function (or file) list is too long, M-q should preserve
the standard ChangeLog formatting:

        * foo (bar, baz, zot): quux

===>

        * foo (bar, baz)
        (zot); quux

instead of

        * foo (bar, baz,
        zot); quux

(for the sake of font-lock which can fontify the former but not the latter)