Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:53:57 -0400

    What's wrong with my original suggestion?

      (i) offer an option to adopt the Emacs 22 behavior for the *scratch*
      buffer, i.e. with buffer-offer-save and auto-save disabled, and (ii)
      delete the auto-save file if the user answers "no" when asked if
      *scratch* should be saved.

I understand the first point but not the second.

Regarding the first point, I am not strongly against such an option,
but that is a side issue.  The main issue is to make the default
behavior convenient.  Once we do that, the option may not be needed.