Re: emacsclient proposal

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacsclient proposal
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:36:04 -0400

> I think I would very much like to have an emacsclient process be
> exposed to Emacs as an Emacsclient process.

Based on my memory of the code, it shouldn't be too hard to do.
Basically, define a new arg (not -f because that's used already) and a way
to represent it in the text passed to Emacs, and then have it specify
a function which will receive the process as argument, at which point the
function can freely do I/O with that process.

There might be a few details to get right (maybe just in the form of
documentation) w.r.t handling of the sentinel, filter, and args passed to
the function, but nothing too terrible.

        Stefan