Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:20:15 -0400

    > It is easy to solve that by making the file name depend on the pid
    > and host name.

    Which will make those buffers survive into the next session just how?

By default, only one of them can be restored.  Perhaps it should
choose the one with the latest modtime.

Most people only run one Emacs.  For them, this won't be an issue.

    I think this is a mess asking for trouble.  We are trying to patch
    around a problem that comes from some default usage pattern for
    single-mode single-session applications.  Emacs with its multiple
    major modes and kitchen-sink usefulness is just not suited to this
    paradigm.

It's not that bad a mismatch.