Re: emacsclient proposal

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: emacsclient proposal
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:12:50 +0530

Hi,

On 7/19/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

The creation of a pseudo-process would be initiated by the command
called with --eval.  Something like "get-emacsclient-process" or so.

In a typical situation, there could be multiple emacsclient instances
connected to the emacs server. Emacs will have to have a method to
allow the selection of the emacs client it would like to do IO with.
If the user will have to decide/select, we need to have some user
friendly names assigned to each of the clients or some other
mechanism. Using the command line arguments of the emacsclient would
not work as multiple instances could have the same command line args!
Anyway, this is the first thought that came to my mind...

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!