Re: XEmbed patches

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: XEmbed patches
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:53:46 +0200

Timo Savola skrev:
Here is the XEmbed protocol support I wrote last year [1].  RMS asked me to
bring it up again after the release of Emacs 22 [2].

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-02/msg00017.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-02/msg00162.html

There are five incremental patches plus one additional one
(gtk-scrollbar-position) which I like for aesthetic reasons.  The code
hasn't been changed since the last submission (if I remember correctly), but
I've regenerated the patches against 22.1.  The patches can also be viewed
in a Git repository at http://timo.stc.cx/git/?p=emacs-xembed.git .

Oh, I forgot. I think the Gtk+ scrollbar patch looks bad if you have a theme where the scroll bar isn't as wide as the character width. The current behaviour puts the excess on both sides. With your patch, the excess are on one side only. But if we can get rid of the requirement that scroll bar width must equal a character width, this would not be an issue.

        Jan D.