Suggestion for C-t (transpose-chars)

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Suggestion for C-t (transpose-chars)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:43:16 +0200

Hi

With a prefix argument ARG C-t allows to *drag* a character ARG
characters away.  Even though the respective code is impressively
elegant I think it would be more helpful when one could *transpose*
two characters ARG characters away from point!

I guess this would also be helpful for non-touch-typists.  Isn't it
the case that one confuses only the sequence of two *neighbouring*
characters and realises that very often after typing one or two
additional ones?  I find myself often typing C-b, C-b, C-t and C-e.
With the suggested change it would save 4 keystrokes (C-2 and C-t).

Thanks for listening.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm