Re: XEmbed patches

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: XEmbed patches
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:52:37 -0400

    A better solution would be to remove the restriction that frames must be
    an integer number of characters wide (and high). Then the scrollbar and
    toolbar can be made the correct size without empty filler padding them
    out to a multiple of the character size.

We certainly want to do this, but we would need also to eliminate the
similar restriction for windows.  I suspect this is nontrivial.
But it would be good for someone to try it.