Re: mode-line with Tramp

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: mode-line with Tramp
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:33:58 +0300

> From: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 21:07:12 +1200
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> All I know is that the mode-line shows -F1 on a tty, and -F2 on the rare
> occasions that I use C-x 5 2 there.  I've never seen the frame-name changed
> explicitly on a tty

You can do that with "M-x set-frame-name RET".  You can later switch
to a named frame with "M-x select-frame-by-name RET".  This comes in
very handy when I need to work on a tty for a long time: I can
organize my frames by subject (one frame for email, another for
working on a program, yet another for reading Info docs, etc.) and
switch to the one I need in one go, instead of using long series of
"C-x 5 o" or using tmm-menubar and guessing whether the frame I need
is F3 or F5.