Moving homebrewn binaries and question about building documentation

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Moving homebrewn binaries and question about building documentation
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:23:54 +0200

Hi!

I just built emacs on Windows XP Pro SP2 with the following script:
#!/bin/bash
export CVS_RSH="ssh"
touch ~/.cvspass
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/emacs co -r EMACS_22_BASE emacs
rm ~/.cvspass
cd emacs/nt/
./configure.bat --with-gcc --no-cygwin --no-debug
mingw32-make bootstrap --jobs=2 XMFLAGS="--jobs=2"
mingw32-make install
mingw32-make info

The last command, mingw32-make info, was not actually in the script but something I performed as an afterthought. I've had problems before with my homebrewn binaries not being able to find its documentation, and maybe this was the missing step?

My second question is: If I want to keep only the binaries and the files those binaries need, which directories should I get rid of now that the build is finished (and was a success)?

If I look at the official emacs windows binaries that directory contains only bin, etc, info, leim, lisp, and sitelisp subdirectories and a few top-level readmes. As a result, it's several megabytes smaller. Just remove the directories that are not in the offical binary package and that's that?

Any replies welcome.

- Eric