Re: preprocessing Makefile

From: Alexander Klimov
Subject: Re: preprocessing Makefile
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:36:41 +0300 (IDT)

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
> to see if this diagnosis is correct, OP can change "$top_srcdir"
> on the line that begins undefs=... to be "$ac_top_srcdir" in the
> configure script directly (skipping the configure.in to configure
> generation step), then rerun the configuration.  then let us know
> what results.

I changed the line to be

  undefs="`echo $ac_top_srcdir $configuration ...

and get exactly the same error with soft-1 as before.

As a next attempt I put

  undefs=-undef

instead of that and the soft-1 problem gone, but a strange new problem
emerge:

  make[2]: Entering directory `.../emacs-cvs/src
  gcc -c ... pre-crt0.c
  make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/crt0.o', needed by `temacs'.
Stop.
  make[2]: Leaving directory `.../emacs-cvs/src'

It is true, I don't have `/usr/lib/crt0.o', although there are
/usr/lib/crt{1,i,n}.o

I suspect that all this problems relate to GTK: I used .../soft-linux
as prefix for emacs for a long time and the only recent change was
that I installed new GTK into that directory. If I run configure with
--with-x-toolkit=lucid, the c-compilation runs smoothly, and I am
stuck while the autoloads are generated:

  Generating autoloads for progmodes/ps-mode.el...done
  Generating autoloads for ps-mule.el...
  End of file during parsing
  make[2]: *** [autoloads] Error 255
  make[2]: Leaving directory `.../emacs-cvs/lisp'

--
Regards,
ASK