Re: Better language detection for tutorial

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: Better language detection for tutorial
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:25:56 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Sascha Wilde <address@hidden>
>>
>> !                    (or (tutorial-get-language)
>> !                   (if (get-language-info current-language-environment
>> 'tutorial)
>> !                       current-language-environment
>> !                     "English"))))
>
> I think this is in wrong order: the `tutorial' property of the
> language environment should have higher priority than what the new
> function `tutorial-get-language' returns.

I highly doubt that, for all my tests (more complex locale setups,
that is) the tutorial property of the language environment yields
an unexpected (IMO wrong) language.

I haven't checked where and how it is set, but it seems to
ignore/misinterpret the LC environment, too.

Anyway maybe the language detection as I wrote it should be moved to
wherever the tutorial property is set...

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde
Well, *my* brain likes to think it's vastly more powerful than any