Re: vc backend precedence question

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: vc backend precedence question
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:16:59 -0400

> I tried reordering the list "vc-handled-backends" as:
> (setq vc-handled-backends (nconc '(HG) (delq 'HG vc-handled-backends)))

I'd use `append' to avoid odd corner cases (e.g. if you load your .emacs
several times).  But other than that, it should work.

> It did not work. Any help would be really appreciated. I have this
> rather strange setup as I checkout from CVS and use Mercurial to track
> all my changes (as a mercurial queue).

It's a bit unusual, but nowhere near strange.  It's one of the most common
ways to track an external CVS branch in a local branch (using either
Mercurial, Arch, Monotone, Git, ...).

        Stefan