Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:45:58 -0400

    With the patch it displays both screens on one.  The second screen was just
    4 additional lines, so information fits perfectly on one screen.

That is good.

    > I don't understand -- what does it mean to "quit" from the splash
    > screen?

    "quit" means to kill the buffer with the splash screen.

It seems a bit strange to speak of "quitting" in this context.

    I'll present the combined patch after an agreement on a new
    customizable option.  Is it OK to add `visit-on-startup'?

Please do!

    Should it obsolete `inhibit-splash-screen'?

No, I don't think so.