Re: pp-eval-expression enhancements

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: pp-eval-expression enhancements
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:17:40 -0400

> What about also replacing the binding of `M-:' so that it invokes
> `pp-eval-expression'? What is the downside to that? If it's for the prefix
> arg of `eval-expression', we could add the prefix arg to
> `pp-eval-expression' also. If it's for `eval-expression-debug-on-error',
> then `pp-eval-expression' could be made aware of that also.

I never tried to use pp-eval-expression, but I'm curious [I use a separate
minibuffer frame made of a single long line, so pp-eval-expression wouldn't
be much use for me anyway].

If I try it with M-x pp-eval-expression RET '(let ((x 1)) x) RET
it pops up a new frame showing that sexp on a few lines.  I find this
a bit inconvenient: if I want a separate frame, I'd rather use M-x ielm.

        Stefan