Re: undo info for *cvs-tmp*

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: undo info for *cvs-tmp*
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:40:35 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

  > >> Not sure what is the right solution here, completely disable undo for
  > >> *cvs-tmp* or up the limit. Can somebody please take a look at this?
  >
  > > Thanks.
  > > The buffer name is " *cvs-tmp*" by default, so the leading space should
turn
  > > off undo, i.e. I'm not sure why your undo wasn't turned off.
  >
  > > In any case, I explicitly disabled undo in the buffer with the patch below
  > > (which I installed in the 22 branch).
  >
  > Actually, this patch was redundant because the code that follows also should
  > turn off undo logging in that buffer (because `normal' should be nil).
  >
  > "Redundant" implies that it probably won't fix your problem.  Can you try
  > and give us more info as to how to reproduce the problem?

emacs -Q
M-x cvs-status RET ~/src/emacs/lisp RET
C-x b  *cvs-tmp* RET
C-h v buffer-undo-list RET
buffer-undo-list is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is nil
Local in buffer  *cvs-tmp*; global value is nil
Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion.

I think the value is expected to be t not nil...