Re: emacs 22.1 hogging CPU

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs 22.1 hogging CPU
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:17:15 -0400

    We would have to support a feature like this until the end of time for
    something that is not that likely to repeat.

"Support" is ambiguous in this context.

If it means that we won't delete this feature, I agree, but that is
not a problem.  We just won't delete it.

If it means "continue to change and pay attention to", then I
disagree.  We won't ever have to change the list, except when we find
another case that we want to warn users about.  Then we can add that
case.  So this won't require attention except when it is advantageous
for us to pay attention.

Would someone please implement this, then ack?