Re: address@hidden: change-log-redate]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: change-log-redate]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:11:42 -0400

    When I looked at it, I couldn't see how it ever worked.  Unfortuanately Dave
    Love doesn't appear to be around at the moment to defend it.

Whether it ever worked or not, it might be worth fixing.

                                                                  To be topical,
    I could add a command called localize-emacs and someone might report that
    it was broken.  Would you then expect someone to fix it?

Before adding it I would want a discussion of whether it is useful.
If it seemed useful but didn't work, I would then turn to you as its
author to fix it.

The question now is not "did it ever work" but "is it useful".

Given that the current date format was introduced in Emacs 21
(or perhaps earlier), I guess the need for this function is done with.
So it is ok to delete it.