Re: Relicensing the Emacs repository

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Relicensing the Emacs repository
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:13:00 +0900

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
> PPS 10. Miles: I seem to recall in the past that you have described
> the merging of changes between branches as only semi-automated. With
> this many files involved, would you prefer me to do the trunk by hand?

It's probably not necessary:  The main thing which causes problems is the
number of conflicts (not the number of files).  Since these changes mainly
involve copyright headers (and a fairly small part at that -- some random
diffs I did showed only "2" -> "3"!), I don't expect there too many conflicts.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche