Fwd: A system for localizing documentation strings

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Fwd: A system for localizing documentation strings
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:29:19 +0900

I was told by Eli Zaretskii that such discussions should better take place here, hence my forward from address@hidden

After I sent the mail this morning, I realized that obviously interactive output could/should be handled in similar ways.

I think in the end, we need a way to encapsulate translatable strings in objects (functions ?) that will allow the strings to be available in a multiplicity of processes: display first, but of course translation.

Keep in mind that I am only a translator and that I am only getting started with emacs, emacs lisp and emacs localization.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe Helary

Begin forwarded message: