dired-recursive-{deletes,copies} in EMACS_22_BASE

From: David Kastrup
Subject: dired-recursive-{deletes,copies} in EMACS_22_BASE
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 12:43:36 +0200

Hi,

I thought that the change of dired-recursive-{deletes,copies} to 'top
would have made it into the 22.1 release, but it turns out that I
missed the creation of the branch just by a few days.

I think this was more of an oversight rather than intentional.  Does
anything speak against my merging this change to the branch?  For what
it's worth, I recently read an "Emacs 22.1 still can't do..."
complaint on an Emacs discussion list and was quite surprised since I
thought my change to be in already.  For what it's worth, Emacs "could
do" this for a long long time, but the error message for the default
setting of nil does nothing to suggest that.

While one could try amending the error message, I really don't think
that anybody consciously would choose a setting of nil (and then he
would presumably _know_ what to expect), so changing the default would
seem to be much more straightforward.