Re: isearch-yank-word-or-char

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: isearch-yank-word-or-char
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:34:50 +0200

> So far, I prefer the pre-Emacs 22 behavior of Isearch, but I'm sure that
> others tried this out before the release and found it to be an improvement
> (TRT). I'm hoping that someone will point out why the new behavior is better
> and how to take advantage of it. Thanks in advance; this is driving me nuts.

FWIW, I like the new behaviour, it gives me more control. I mostly use
the C-w binding when I want to search for a procedure name, and
sometimes it ends with a number of underscores, like this:

PROCEDURE Do_The_Stuff___ (foo IN NUMBER) IS

Previously, having point at D, when using C-w, using it three times
to "eat" the last f in "Stuff", if typed once more it ate I think all the
way to foo. Now three extra C-w eats all the underscores, which is
what I want, most of the times. I have never thought about the new
behaviour as being cumbersome.

/Mathias