Re: status of dir-vars or dir-locals inclusion in emacs?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: status of dir-vars or dir-locals inclusion in emacs?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:45:56 -0400

> First, you can create a "settings.el" or ".settings.el" file in a
> project's top-level directory.  This file holds a sexp that looks like

I feel uneasy about this name.  It seems just too generic.  How 'bout
"dir-local-settings" instead?

I'm also tempted to add "emacs" in the name, but I guess that the ".el"
extension can be considered sufficient information (and after all, we don't
use the "Emacs" name in the "Local Variables" section cookies either).

        Stefan