Re: no good way to highlight rectangle while region is highlighted

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: no good way to highlight rectangle while region is highlighted
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:44:45 -0400

    I think highlighting both the rectangle and the region will be easiest
    by drawing colored lines around the rectangle and keeping the current
    way of highlighting the region.  I have already tried this (using the
    ?box? feature with colored lines), and I find it the easiest to
    visually understand of the ways that I have gotten to work.  I'm not
    using it now because every time the rectangle changes, areas of text
    get shifted on the screen right or left by 1 pixel and this is
    visually jarring.

Are you saying that, with the new face feature you asked for,
the rectangle outline would work perfectly?

If someone wants to implement it, I have nothing against it.