Re: GIT uppercase annoying

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: GIT uppercase annoying
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:45:34 -0700

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  > >   > The current "all uppercase" nature of vc-handled-backends seems mostly
  > >   > like people just copied the casification of the older entries when
  > >   > adding new ones, but I'd really like to quash this trend and use a
less
  > >   > annoying convention for backends where that is more natural.
  > >
  > > FWIW I agree.
  > > When I checked in vc-hg.el, someone asked for Hg (or hg?) to be
  > > changed to HG...
  >
  > I didn't see that thread; did they give any justification?

I checked, it was a private message from Stefan before the file was
checked in. I  remember the conversation right, "asked" was not
the right word to use. He just said that the convention has been to
use all-caps names or capitalized names, and that it would probably be
better to use HG instead of hg.

       --dan