Re: Summary (Re: A system for localizing documentation strings)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Summary (Re: A system for localizing documentation strings)
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:43:18 -0400

Let's focus on the basic job: implementing doc string translation
for help commands.

After that is working, those who are interested can try to make
Emacs Lisp mode display the translated doc strings.  I think it won't
work well, but if you think I'm wrong, feel free to prove it.

However, we should not let discussion of future steps distract us
from the first step.  Would someone like to try implementing
translation of doc strings for help commands?