Re: Releasing Emacs 22.2

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Releasing Emacs 22.2
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 02:15:44 -0400

>> I hope to release Emacs 22.2 in a few weeks,
>     I hope there was a "a pretest of" missing above.

> I am not sure a pretest is needed, with a few new packages and a few
> dozen bug fixes.  But it can't hurt.  However, all that is a side
> issue.

The new VC backends are all activated, so their code is executed every time
a file is opened: there's a good chance that some bug in there will
cause problems.  I've just fixed such a bug in vc-bzr yesterday.

> The main point is that people need to fix the bugs
> in order to make Emacs 22.2 possible at all.

        Stefan

PS: of course, we could disable the new VC backend by default, so as to
avoid those risks.